Miku Miku Dance requires Skill … and you get that through Practice!
Here are some HOMEWORK EXERCISES to practice …
- Create a simple “Jump Dance” that starts with your character standing off-center on the stage. Make the model squat a bit in preparation for the jump. Lift her up for a high jump. Land her in a squat position “to absorb the landing with her knees” … and then let her recoil into another small jump. Keep working on it until it looks lifelike.
- Add a photo background to the Jump Dance and also some Camera moves to make it funny or interesting.
- Work on using the many facial adjustments that are available. Maybe make the model mouth some particular words … use your imagination … “How are you” “I love you” “Get the #$%*! away from me!” Go for happy looks … mad looks … questioning looks. Play with all of those adjustments mixed together. The possibilities are endless.
- Work on creating a Walk motion. See the Downloads Page for my WalkTest6RD.pmm file. You can play that on MMD and, also, play WITH it. Please rename the file if you make changes to it. That RD in the file name is for me: Reggie Dentmore.
- LEARN the MMD ETHICS about downloading, sharing, and altering MikiMikuDance Models and Accessories. Read this page: http://mikumikudance.wikia.com/wiki/MMD:Ethics and be responsible as you collect and use new characters. READ MY ARTICLE regarding MMD Etiquette.
- Keep Track of the Sources of your downloaded models and accessories.
Start a Spreadsheet or a WORD document that allows you to list your models and their creators and websites … a sheet you can refer to when you want to credit the authors/creators of your models, music, motions, and accessories.