LearnMMD.com offers the latest version of MikuMikuDance. Download MMD!
Released December 17, 2014, MMD 9.26 represents the newest, latest version of MikuMikuDance. Click the button to Download MikuMikuDance for Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8!
MikuMikuDance is Free 3D Animation software created as a promotion for the Yamaha/Sony/Sega Vocaloid products. Download this Free 3D Animation program … and be sure to see some of the thousands of MikuMikuDance, MMD videos on YouTube. Just Search for MMD … and Enjoy! MMD has a huge following on Deviant Art, as well. Again … go to DeviantArt.com and search for MMD to see a sample of what is available online. A great source for new models and new accessories is Mikudance.info … check it out!
There is no “installation” for MikuMikuDance. The MMD folder simply sits on your desktop. You open the folder and click on Miku’s smiling face icon to run the program. I right-click on the program icon and Create Shortcut … and then drop the shortcut onto my desktop.
We are still learning about “what’s new” in MMD 9.26 compared to our favorite old MMD 7.39, the first DirectX version of MikuMikuDance released in 2010.
A few of the known upgrades include:
- A Self-Shadow control panel has been added to the Camera-Mode toolbar.
- A NEW MODEL: Luka Megurine ver. 1.1!
- New version of the Sample(AllStars).pmm dance to include Luka!
- Facial Sliders now have Numeric Values!
- A Third Mode: Accessory. TherA NEW MODEL: Luka Migurine V1.0! e has always been Local and Global … and Now: Accessory! Accessory Mode allows you to use the XYZ rollers to precisely position your accessories as you attach them to Dummy Bones and models.
- A Low Power Setting. The Low Power button tames MikuMikuDance and keeps the program Quiet as you run other programs on your computer. Now you can run Photoshop or GIMP and Word and your browser all with MMD open on your desktop.
- The Facial sliders are now dropdown-style selectors. Instead of clicking the little arrows to move through the various facial items, now it’s a drop-down menu so you can just click the adjustment you want.
- There’s a Volume slider in the new version. Again, good if you are multitasking … you can adjust the loudness of MMD compared to the other multimedia windows you may have open.
NEW to MikuMikuDance? …
Already Running MMD 7.39?
MikuMikuDance often will not run on your first attempt. It requires a proper environment on your PC.
Our Parkeerwacht put together an article describing the solution to many of the errors that a new user may encounter. Missing DLL’s, side-by-side configuration errors, and other errors are discussed there.
The original DirectX version of MikuMikuDance, MMD 7.39, always needed the DirectX 9C software on your computer. You will need it to run the latest versions of MMD, as well. LearnMMD.com has that download available for you! Download the DirectX 9c Update.
|Editors Note 10/26/2015:
The VPVP page recommends that you download and install:
It is critically important to have those packages installed in your system. MMD will not run properly without them, and will not accept higher versions of the same as a proper replacement¹. The majority of comments asking for help about MMD acting wrong will be countered with “Have you DirectX and MS Visual C++ runtimes installed?” inquiry, and more likely than not, resolving these will resolve your problem as well.
¹ The above does not mean you have to rollback higher versions of these libraries (that you most probably have) in favor of more obsolete ones. Runtime packages are products specifically designed to be able for all versions to coexist on the same machine.
Find other errors? eMail LearnMMD@aol.com
VISIT VPVP http://www.geocities.jp/higuchuu4/index_e.htm … the official homepage for MikuMikuDance!
LearnMMD still has the original MMD 7.39!
Each newer version simply replaces the earlier versions on the VPVP homepage … so you cannot get the older MMD 7.39 there … But LearnMMD still has it for you! Often times MMD 7.39 will run for you when MMD 9.26 will not. ENJOY MikuMikuDance … with MMD 7.39. It is missing MMD 9.26’s latest refinements … but it does everything and runs well on most systems.
– SEE BELOW for MORE MMD TUTORIALS…