Gotta SING… Gotta DANCE!
LearnMMD’s Video Dojo Expo-3!
We are looking for a
“Live… On-Stage” Song and Dance performance…
… featuring a Lead-Singer/Dancer and a Back-up Group of dancers… with the Lead having a different motion than the Back-up Group. She needs to STAND-OUT from the Back-up group and be…
“The Star of the Show!”
Gotta SING… Gotta DANCE!
Downloaded motion files are OK to use for this event… but remember to CUSTOMIZE the Lead Singers motion to make her be the featured character on-stage.
Get the idea? … Have some FUN with your project!
Maybe use just PARTS of downloaded motions…
Consider using segments or portions of your downloaded motion files. … You might find a segment you can paste/duplicate to generate the background Group dancers and then find another segemnt of that same motion file that might serve as the Lead-Singer/Dancer motion.
LearnMMD.com references several fun motion files you might use chunks-of for this Expo…
- Feel the Sound by Mahlazer
- Michael Jackson’s Smooth Criminal motion
- The Dream Fighter motions by wasabi P
- The Bo Beep Bo animation motion
Be sure to “Keep the Faith-MMD” and leave credits for whatever elements you download and use in your animations.
- I want to “Enjoy the Show! The “Song and Dance Routine” puts your “Star” model front and center!
- Make it look “Live and On-stage!” … could be a big-time Broadway Extravaganza!… or a high-school drama-club performance… or anything in-between!
- You don’t need to “do” the entire song. Start it where you wish and cut it when you wish.
- Length of the video is not important… but, often, viewers do not “last long enough” to watch a long video. We find that about 90-seconds is often a proper length.
- Use EFFECTS… Knock us OUT with this “show-Biz” experience!
- The strength of the actual animation is the key in this exposition. “Wow, that’s Wonderful, check it OUT!”
- LIST your Credits for everything you use in your animation… Keep the Faith-MMD!
- Include Video Dojo Expo 3 in the Video’s title on YouTube.
- Announce your entry by EMAIL to VideoDojoExpo@gmail.com with the link to your video.
Entries are due on MARCH 29th, 2020…
Your video entry must be posted to YouTube before the stroke of midnight (Pacific Time) on the night of March 29, 2020.
JUDGING will be by “Viewer’s Choice” in which the viewers will be asked to vote for their favorite video. VOTING will take place between March 30th and April 5th, 2020… with winner announced on April 7th.
SIX WINNERS will be announced…
FIVE winners will be selected by the “Viewer’s Choice” and a SIXTH winner will be selected by the LearnMMD Team.
This is an Exposition…
No one entry will be “the winner”… our goal is to pick the top six entries which will then be entered into our HALL of CHAMPIONS!
Each of the six winners will be awarded a listing on our HALL of CHAMPIONS page with a link to their video and a link to their YouTube Channel… links that will be online, on display, there, for all eternity (or, for at least as long as LearnMMD.com is able to stay online)… and each winner will get a “The making of…” article on LearnMMD.com so they can describe their video and how they “made it happen!”
The “Usual Rules” apply:
Please do not embarrass Reggie with your content… remember that this is a FAMILY show! No advertising or commercial entries. Reggie Dentmore will be “the final word” on an entry’s suitability for this event. He will contact you if he determines an issue exists.
As always… BE CAREFUL with your Music Selection!
Once you decide upon a piece of music, search YouTube to see if OTHER videos are online with your music. SOME music artists do not allow their pieces to be heard on YouTube and if you USE one of those, your video may become BLOCKED on YouTube… so… as a safety: check that the music you wish to use is already showing in YouTube videos. … if you cannot find an example of your song on YouTube… it’s probably not safe for you to use it.
The Legal bits…
Know that each entry stands on its own merit. LearnMMD.com is not responsible for the content of any of the entry videos. To the best of our ability, entries with content deemed inappropriate will be disqualified from entry in this competition. Contestants retain full ownership of their creative submissions. Entrants, by entering this competition, acknowledge that they give permission for LearnMMD to use still image-captures from their submitted entry for promotion of this and any future competitions (LearnMMD will endeavor to credit any such images). The “prizes” offered are write-ups and links published “permanently” on LearnMMD.com as noted in the rules, above… and that “permanence” will be in effect for as long as LearnMMD.com is able to maintain its published pages.
READY… SET… GO!
– SEE BELOW for MORE MMD TUTORIALS…
— — —
– _ — –