An MMDer on YouTube requested my Banjo … Here you go!
I created this banjo for use in MikuMikuDance from a model I found in Google Sketchup’s 3D-Warehouse … a model created by FCMDSC. I downloaded that model into Sketchup, resized it to look good with my dancers in MMD 7.39, and used the 3D-RAD plugin to save the model as a DirectX “.x” object. Read all about how to do that, here.
My first attempt didn’t give me a good model … no strings on my Banjo! After playing with the Sketchup image and trying to render the model a couple of times, I discovered that the Sketchup model’s strings were only simple lines … no 3D aspect to them. So … when I rendered them into a DirectX model, they simply disappeared.
I had to restring my banjo! I created a new 3D shape with a square profile: 1/8 inch x 1/8 inch x 36 inches that I duplicated several times and then placed into position upon the banjo. I had to drag and shrink ’em a bit untilIi had ’em where I wanted ’em.
Now, when I rendered to the “.x” accessory file, the strings were in place. Woo-Hoo!
See the banjo “in action” in my “Dueling Banjos” test video …
Enjoy the Banjo! Send me a link to your video!
– SEE BELOW for MORE MMD TUTORIALS…
— — —
– _ — –